I saw it. I wanted it. I let my friend's wife leave the breakfast table this morning still wearing it but I knew I had to have one.
$34.50 including postage and handling from Cafe Press
WHY?
I love Buffy.
It's not love in the sense of "Wow, the show is really great and sure I love watching Buffy" (which is all true). It's more a "I've seen the show so many times I inadvertantly use quotes from it and so the Facebook group 'All my witty banter I owe to Buffy the Vampire Slayer' is sadly true". It's a "I own the whole series on DVD and I watch at least one or two episodes a week, I read fanfiction and I have even bought the crappy teenage fiction novels from eBay..." The Buffyverse is my version of comfort food and she has seen me through a number of broken hearts, boring jobs and city shuffles.
Also, watch this YouTube clip:
WHY?
I love Buffy.
It's not love in the sense of "Wow, the show is really great and sure I love watching Buffy" (which is all true). It's more a "I've seen the show so many times I inadvertantly use quotes from it and so the Facebook group 'All my witty banter I owe to Buffy the Vampire Slayer' is sadly true". It's a "I own the whole series on DVD and I watch at least one or two episodes a week, I read fanfiction and I have even bought the crappy teenage fiction novels from eBay..." The Buffyverse is my version of comfort food and she has seen me through a number of broken hearts, boring jobs and city shuffles.
Also, watch this YouTube clip:
BUY:
$4.90 - Buffy comic.
WHY?
What many Buffy fans don't realise is that Joss Whedon continued writing a Season 8 after the show finished and this has been released in graphic novel form. And yep, I buy them. Religiously. I was one fan that didn't know about the Season 8 phenomenon for a while so I have since tracked down a lot of the earlier comic editions on eBay. I'm pretty much caught up now and now buy them as they are released. Both covers (where possible). As I did on Thursday.
What I also did on Thursday that I have been wanting to do for ages is protect my collection. I have about 50 comic books which have been sitting in the paperbags that hid them from prying eyes as I left the Phanton Zone. So I bought the following:
BUY:
$13.95 - protective PVC-free plastic sheets to protect the comics from dust
$24 - 2 x magazine files to store the comics
Now you know my not-so-secret - I'm a geek.


No comments:
Post a Comment