Another pay day has rolled by, with a hard earned $1892.40 landing in my account. While it's a little more padded that the one that precedes it, it generally goes faster because I use it to pay big expenses likerent... Because I'm now one of the how-ever-many thousands of 30-somethings-who've-moved-back in-with-their-parents, I don't pay rent at the moment and I was able to whack a tidy $800 onto my credit card debt and reduce it from $3200 to $2400 - woohoo!
However, this excitement is dampened a little by the fact that two days after I put a large portion of my pay cheque onto the card the interest charges accrued.
BUY:
$24.35 - interest of purchases
$17.98 - interest on cash advance
$3 - account keeping fee on my savings account.
WHY?
I am being charged interest. I know why and it's expected. It's cos I can't stick to a budget and I was living beyond my means. What I resent though is having to pay a monthly fee to the bank to access MY actual money - not virtual money but the stuff I've actually earned. I try where possible to only use their ATMs and minimise additional charges but they really do make it difficult for me. They should be paying me (more than the piddly interest my account is awarded) for having access to my money! Particularly when they use it record a 30% profit increase to almost $3billion over the last year and they are taking an average $733 in fees from their customers...
Still, the little thermometre on the right there is getting higher which is nice to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment