Wednesday, 5 May 2010

More motivation...

On Tuesday I finally did it.

I spent a day without spending!

I was very excited, as you can imagine. I didn't open my wallet and there no expected or unexpected withdrawals from my account!

But, it was only possible because *blush* I have moved back in with my parents.

The lease on the gorgeous apartment I shared came up fairly quickly, I weighed up the pros and cons, looked at my bank account and realised that I didn't have a lot of choice - it was home or bust. Literally. With no savings for a bond and a debt over $5000, a couple of months back at Mum and Dad's will do me a world of good. Provided it doesn't kill us!!

So, if I didn't have a reason before, I do now. I have gone from this:


to this:

I just have to keep reminding myself that the upside is that I will be saving at least $1086 per month in rent not to mention the little things - internet, Foxtel, other random bills, food etc...

Because I'm not paying rent though, I need to play my bit in different ways. Today, I did the grocery shopping... 

BUY:
$48.65

WHY?
It's cheaper than rent!!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! A totally justified buy. :) Dunno if this would work for you, but one way I avoid the spending temptation is to leave my wallet at home when I go to work. Then I'm not tempted to spend on going out for lunch and have to eat what I brought with me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to think about this tactic - first gotta get organised to pack my lunch! Thanks April!

    ReplyDelete