Monday, 24 May 2010

Entertain me...

I'm still trying to update you on the last week's efforts so bear with me!

The next broad category of expenditure probably falls IT/Communcations but that sounds way too clinical. A better description is entertainment!

BUY:
$29 - Pay as you go internet access

WHY?
Cos I thought my laptop worked and I didn't want to rely on my parents' connection. It turns out my laptop is still pretty sick, it's back with Dr Wally and I now have about 3 weeks left of connection to use or lose.

BUY:

$48.99 - phone bill for last month

WHY?

For $49 a month, I get $300 worth of calls I never quite use and 50MB of downloads that I have already exceeded! (Next month's bill won't be on plan!). I'd be lost without a mobile phone. I haven't had a landline number since 2004 so it's kinda necessary. But also dangerous cos, as alluded to previously, having an iPhone opens up a whole new world of spending: apps, music, internet... which is exactly what I have done during the last week.


BUY:
$1.69 - Song download from iTunes

"I kissed a girl" by Jill Sobule.

WHY?
Got into a discussion with a new friend in Uluru and we were trying to remember the tune and the words to this lesbian classic but only Katy Perry's total un-PC version came to mind. Jill Sobule's version is so folky and cute and in no way offensive (unlike Katy Perry's version but for some reason it still gets me singing along.)



BUY:

$2.49 - TripView app for iPhone

WHY?
Cos I need to know when the trains run! Annoying thing is though, I sat in McDonald's trying to download it for over an hour but each time the little bar at the bottom got close to complete it disappeared back to the beginning. Basically, the app is on pause til I get near some WiFi again and hopefully I will be able to use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment