Sunday, 9 May 2010

Raiding the cookie jar

I have been a little slack with the photos of late, largely because I'd be taking photos of the same things - boring for you and boring for me! I'm going to have to start getting creative.

But, in the meantime I admit to the following purchases on Friday - only possible thanks to Wonder Woman:

BUY:
$7.20 on trains - to and from work, then to and from Wynyard.

WHY?
I rely on the trains. I need to get sensible about my train tickets and ensure I have enough for a weekly or  monthly travel pass because they are much better value. As an apprentice I already have reduced rates but I just checked online and a 28 day pass is $62 - breaking down to $2.21 a day - much better value than $3.20 per return trip to the city.

Remind me to get ones of these starting from Monday week. Because I'll be in Uluru from Wednesday, there is no point buying a weekly or monthly and missing 5 days of it!

BUY:
$11 - a softdrink and a beer

WHY?

In an earlier post, I sought comments from the peanut gallery about whether I could justify tickets to contemporary dance ... I decided to say yes to the invitation as the show sounded really interesting and seriously, I need to get out more!! Lovely Kris, through her dance connections, scored us free tickets to Chunky Move's Mortal Engine!

While the accompanying music wasn't really what I would call music (a lot of it was a variety of sounds and noise) and I think I missed any messages in the movements, it was an amazing display of athleticism, strength and flexibility mixed with the most amazing use of light I have ever seen.

Because Kris not only sorted the tickets, picked me up on her scooter from Wynyard (after I was late!), then bought me a couple of drinks - it goes without saying or explanation really that the least I could do was shout her a coke before she scootered home!

(Photo thanks to Oz Arts)

BUY:
$3.50 - hot chips

WHY?
My poor excuse for dinner as I rushed from work, to home into the shower and then out the door again. I couldn't not eat as my stomach was disturbing my fellow commuters and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment