This is the worst time of the month for me - and no, I don’t have PMS. Well, not right now anyway…
It’s the few days before pay day and as a general rule, until my account is replenished, I have just enough money to last me for the odd coffee, a train ticket if necessary and maybe a drink! But this is by good luck rather than design. I don’t have a budget and there is no room for unforeseen expenditure… like tonight.
The cold that floored me a week or so ago hasn’t really disappeared. I’ve been lethargic and still coughing up a lung so after a fairly slow day at work that totally exhausted me I realised I probably needed to see a doctor to get a prescription. The fee was only $30. I knew spending this would pretty much empty my account and cancel out coffee at work tomorrow but I was certain I at least had it. I stood at the counter while the receptionist tried to charge the full amount, then $20 then finally $10 to my eftpos card (which I had to confirm was in there by checking my account – did I mention how much I love my iPhone?). Okay, so I was wrong. To settle the account I handed over the $20 in my wallet I had been thinking to rely on til Saturday. As I did, I realised I then wasn’t even able to afford the antibiotics I had just been prescribed! With my pride hiding in the bottom of my handbag next to the $1.60 I was lucky enough to find to pay for my train ticket home, I called Mum to ask if I could please put my medication on her account at the local chemist.
If I didn’t have motivation enough, tonight is another reason to sort my shit out.
BUY:
$49.59 - antibiotics
$30 - doctor's appointment
$5.45 - pumpkin soup & bread rolls
WHY?
To get better.
p.s. BUY: $3.20 - 2 x single train tickets WHY? To get to and from work. Really got a get a weekly pass but can't afford it til Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment