Sunday, 20 June 2010

SupaNova Sunday

I have already admitted to the world that I am a geek. But, in case you missed the memo, today I proved it by attending Supanova. Supanova bills itself as a 'pop culture expo' but could also be called a geek convention. I've never been to anything like this before and wouldn't have even known about it were it not for my old housemate taking the piss out of me and emailing a newspaper article about it - he also emailed it because there was a photo of Eliza Dushku printed.... 

As soon as I read it and saw that she would be in attendance, with a number of other Whedonverse alum, I knew I had to go - I mean, I had the perfect top to wear - even if it meant geeking out alone. But I wasn't actually alone though, there were hundreds of other geeks in attendance and while queuing for Ms Dushku's autograph, I met the loveliest guys from Melbourne who'd flown up especially. I arrived with plenty of time to see/hear Eliza's Q&A sessions but as a virgin convention attendee I hadn't realised that there were certain times for photos with the stars or how it all worked. I missed my opportunity to get a photo with my favourite slayer but I did get to see her up close and personal, in all her doe-eyed and dimpled beauty, when she signed a photograph for me....

 




BUY:
$2 - ticket from Erskineville home
$4.60 - return train ticket to Olympic Park
$7 - chips and drink
$25 - entry to SupaNova
$40 - a personalised Eliza Dushku's autograph (I would have loved to have got Charisma Carpenter's as well but my bro has put me on a budget that I think I have already blown!! More about the budget to follow....)

WHY?
Do I really have to spell it out? She is hot.

1 comment:

  1. Every now and then you do have to have a blowout, even on a budget. :)

    ReplyDelete