Thursday, 29 April 2010

Wed and Thurs

Arriving home late tonight after wandering the shops looking for a quality wooden puzzle to give as a 1st birthday present means I missed the start of Glee's season return. So, I am currently hiding in my room with my housemate's borrowed computer while they have the luxury of watching the show... 

Not having my laptop makes it difficult to update regularly - sorry to my 2 regular readers! I will also say it means I sometime forget things I may have bought, hindering my progress... shame.

Today wasn't too bad... but my diet is certainly not getting any healthier!!

BUY:
Chorizo roll - $5.50

WHY?
It doesn't look like much but it was absolutely divine!! I was only my way back to the station after my unsuccessful shopping trip (are there no quality wooden puzzles for a 1 year old anywhere in Chatswood?) when the smell of garlic prawns totally diverted me from my route and reminded me I was actually hungry and didn't have anything at home for dinner! At the same stall they make chorizo rolls which I justified because they were cheaper!! Luckily the stalls are only Thursday night fixtures otherwise I'd never make it through the market unscathed.

BUY:

$3.00 - bread rolls and Mars Bar cookies.

WHY?
The bread was for lunch to accompany the last left-over chicken thigh Mum packed me off with the other day. There is nothing to justify the MB cookies though... except YUM.

Wednesday's efforts:

BUY:
$3 coffee

WHY?
I've briefly mentioned that I shouldn't drink coffee...but despite this I do crave it! In the last 6 weeks I've cut back from 1 cup a day to 1 about every 3 days or so... Wednesday was another of these days. But, I'm trying to be smart about my weakness... next to the cup is a loyalty card. When I remember to get it stamped, on the 6th visit I'll get a free one - instead of $3 a coffee, it'll reduce it to $2.50 a coffee. It is justifiable to justify my coffee consumption on this basis?

BUY:
$19.90

WHY?
My turn for dinner

BUY:
$3.50 croissant

WHY?
Breakfast. Doesn't look that great. It wasn't really, merely convenient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment