Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Day 4 & 5

FRIDAY NIGHT

BUY:
$21 Taxi from Milsons Point to Oxford Street

$20 Bottle of wine

$38 Dinner at Raquel's on Oxford Street 

$15 Vodka and soda for me, Vodka and lemonade for Kris

WHY?  Cos I'm single.

To me this is justification enough but for the other one reader of this blog (is anyone out there?) that may require more explanation!

Friday night's events and expenditure centred around a pre-arranged dinner with other single gay women. It was all about me putting myself out there in an attempt to meet new people and find a social life!! I left my network in London (yeah I know - I too hear the violins playing) and while I've been back in Sydney for over a year and been out and about I haven't met many single ladies... Most of my friends are happily married with a baby and/or the second on the way. So, it was with some nerves and excited anticipation that I cabbed my way to Oxford Street to join the selected few for dinner. I needn't have worried thought, after a few wines and sangrias, we were chatting like old friends and making arrangements for Saturday night!

Nights out are never cheap, particularly in Sydney but this was definitely money well spent... however it had ramifications for SATURDAY:

BUY - $5.45 Macca's breakfast.

BUY - $2.85 KFC chips for lunch.

WHY? See picture 1 above.

Red wine, Sangria and vodka doesn't mix. And there is nothing like Macca's post-mix Coke for a hang over.

BUY - $2.97 Gum.
WHY? See pictures above.

BUY - $3.20 Train ticket return from Milsons Point to Chatswood.
WHY? To get to work.








SATURDAY NIGHT - BUY:


$1.60 Train ticket from Milsons Point to the City. 

$15 Entry to Qbar

$7.50 Beer.

$26.40 Taxi home.





WHY?

LESBIAN JELLY WRESTLING!

Just joking..sort of...

A core group from Friday night's dinner headed to Qbar for Girl Thing on Saurday night and I for one was completely unaware that the star attaction was jelly wrestling! Given my height (or rather lack there of) I was treated to the backof everyone's heads and missed most of the fun! It was great to get out again though (even if I did have work again on Sunday!) and get to know the girls a little better


p.s. Friday and Saturday's spending was all thanks to:

No comments:

Post a Comment