Monday, 26 April 2010

Spending in my sleep...

I was so pleased with myself after today as I thought I had managed to keep my spending to a minimum.

BUY:
$3 cappuccino
(This was from the change I have in my top drawer at work - I didn't even have to open my wallet!)

WHY?
I needed the energy boost from the caffeine as I'm still not 100% and couldn't face the day without it... and the cafe just outside of work makes the best coffee. Their barista even won Apprentice of the Year!

Upon checking the balance of my account tonight though I was a little shocked to realise that I had actually spent over $50 today. I have basically been spending in my sleep as the interest on my credit card debt rolled over last night...

BUY:
$27.51 interest on cash advance
$26.81 interest on purchases

WHY?
Because I am still trying to get this get this debt under control. I actually no longer have a credit card - it was ceremonially shredded last November in Canberra after I admitted to friends what my debt was... But it is still costing me... damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment