Sunday, 25 April 2010

The 'Flu blues

I last updated y'all on Tuesday - sorry for the silence but my computer is with a friend for repairs and I'm not well...

I actually left work on Monday lunchtime feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, then a semi-trailer and just when you think it's over, by that cyclist you didn't look for.  I am currently voiceless (much to the delight of many around me!!), verging on croaky but at least two days away from recovering it sufficiently to be described a sexy husky! I also have a terrible cough and sore throat, which explains the voicelessness, and also explains such unexpected yet necessary Pharmacy purchases. It's really not cheap being sick:

BUY:
Cough mixture - $16.99
Throat gargle - $13.99
Lemon tea and honey - $4.95

WHY: Cos I'm sick.


This has been accumulated spending over the past few days, except Tuesday which was spent in bed!

I started to feel a little better on Wednesday - enough to venture out with my friends Eden (who was willing to share her RDO with me, and me willing to share my illness with her and the public in general) and Mel to see a movie:

BUY:
$15 - movie ticket
$8.80 - Bottle of water and packet of Burger Rings

WHY:
The water and Burger Rings were definitely impulse purchases... No real justification for these other than I needed a drink because most people aren't appreciative of someone coughing their way through a film plus I hadn't eaten since late breakfast so the Burger Rings were a poor lunch substitute. I really should plan ahead when I know I'm going to the movies because we all know that the Candy Bar prices are extortionate and Broadway Cinema was no different. I also have to say that their concession priced tickets were only $1.50 less than the full fare - a bit of a rip off but Kick Ass was an entertaining movie... worth the $15 to see on the big screen. I had no knowledge of the story except what the ads had shown which had my laughing. Didn't expect the level of violence but probably should have given that it's based on a comic and graphic novels are exactly that... quite graphic. Some very clever filmography towards the end, great fight scenes and likeable main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment