For the last 12 months, my colleagues and I have been working towards a team goal that was a massive stretch, a real challenge and so, at times, it seemed impossible. With good reason. The reward? An all expenses paid weekend in Vegas with the top 5% salespeople within the company globally, conferencing during the day with celebrity speakers culminating in a massive black tie ball with a mystery musical guest/guests as awesome as Groove Armada. They couldn't exactly make it easy for us! As the months passed and the results came in, we watched the goal posts move a few times to the point that by the end game whistle at 5:30pm on 30 June all that stood between partying like rockstars and heartbreak was a few thousands dollars profit... Despite calling in the touch judges, getting replays and playing into extra time, unfortunately we didn't quite get there, falling shy by $2000 in TTV.
To commiserate we headed to the pub nearest work and I can't tell you what money I spent because I honestly don't remember! (See my previous post as to the spending that resulted). I got a little dishevelled and I'm still soaking the wine stains out of my shirt and Dad hasn't stopped giving me shit about finding my socks in the shower and my hat in the street!
BUY:
$1.60 - bus from Leichhardt to the hairdresser
$145 - hair cut
$5 - taxi ride from pre-ball drinks to the Convention Centre
No comments:
Post a Comment