Monday, 19 July 2010

Creature of habit...

I'm starting to notice a pattern to my spending.

There are the pre-arranged monthly withdrawals from my account like health insurance and charity that are taken out just after pay day to ensure that they actually get paid. Then there are the payments that come up on a monthly basis but that require my attention or involvement like buying my train ticket or pre-paying my internet. And the last ones are the things I buy cos I'm obviously a creature of habit... like the same food and drinks (read into that what you will)!

BUY:
$68.79 - Health insurance
$43 - World Vision payment
$62 - monthly train ticket
$20.17 - Up & Go drinks, soups, bread, butter

I'm pleased to say that other behaviours are becoming habits. Good habits if I do say so myself! The major one is actually knowing what I'm spending. I used to actively avoid checking my bank account for fear what I would see. Seriously. I kinda just sort of guessed I'd might have enough money and then hoped and prayed it would last until the next time some more money dropped into the account to cover any deficit. It's actually really refreshing to have an up-to-date idea of my money and how I can make it work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment